Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Underground New York Public Library

Recently, I was browsing online and I discovered something called the Underground New York Public Library, basically it's a blog of photos taken of different people reading various books/Kindle books on the train

Click here to visit the blog.

The most interesting thing for me,  when looking at the blog is the books range from classic like "The Catcher in the Rye" by J.D. Salinger to apparently instructional books like "How to be a Man: A guide to Style and Behavior for the Modern Gentlemen" by Glenn O'Brien. They also post daily from Sunday-Friday! So if you're looking for book ideas, look no further! Also, to spice it up on Sundays they post a "Sunday Morning Bible," which is like highlights and other interesting thoughts from the author of the blog.

Hopefully this inspires some of y'all to grab a book and have something to do on the train, because it sure inspired me to reread Catcher in the Rye, and get insight from Holden Caulfield.

"I left all the foils and equipment and stuff on the goddam subway. It wasn't all my fault. I had to keep getting up to look at this map, so we'd know where to get off. The whole team ostracized me the whole way back ton the train."
For me, that is such a familiar instance, I have definitely gone on the train and gotten off without something that is really important and had a significant amount of people judge me for it.

Please stand by for the closing doors


No comments:

Post a Comment